Thursday, March 12, 2009

Varsity dear varsity....

Part 4 in a 5 part guide to Cincinnati.

This list is short and sweet, but I would be remiss if I didn’t at least mention the sports of Cincinnati. (I don't need rabid fans coming after me for neglecting their teams!)

Sports:
UC athletics
So I’m a little biased....
Must see: the annual “Crosstown Shootout”- basketball matchup between local rivals UC and Xavier.

Reds
Nothing beats an afternoon in the sun, a hot dog and a cold beer. Oh, and there’s baseball too. Don’t miss “Fireworks Friday”!
Hard core fans, check out: Red’s hall of fame.

Bengals
So what if they stink? They have a Guns and Roses theme song and cheerleders called “Ben-GALS”.

Cincinnati Cyclones
(formerly the Mighty Ducks)
I went to a ducks game years ago. I cannot vouch for the new team, but perhaps they still do the “flying V”?

You have a favorite? Support your team- Game on!

1 comment :