Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Nothing...and everything...

So about that whole break....

It ended up ending pretty much as soon as I announced it, but I hadn't been writing for a month or so, and I just wasn't sure when I would feel like it again.

It's not that we hadn't done anything blog-worthy....on the contrary. We were BUSY. So many trips. So much work. So much fun...
I've had literally a million (Dustin hates it when I say “literally”. Maybe because I say it literally all the time.) things I’ve wanted to post, but haven’t had the time/energy/motivation to make it happen. Several times I’ve opened up the blogger window, and stared at it for a few moments, before deciding that it was all too much effort, and giving up. But I miss this place. I miss recording and sharing bits of my life. So I’m going to ignore that pesky “this has to have a point” feeling, and just unload some thoughts. After all, life is in the details. (besides, it's not like I have TV to watch instead!)


  • Have you seen the new show If You really Knew Me. Last week I watched the premiere and I cried. If you're not taking a TV-break, you should check it out (either way, this might just be a worthy exception.)
  • I’m back on a reading kick....something about the summertime makes me want to laze around with a good book. (...something about the allthetime makes me want to laze around...) Just finished Eat, Pray Love. (yes, I read it just because the movie is coming out and I wanted to feel like an “insider”). I thought it would be overrated, but I loved it. Elizabeth has such a great writer’s “voice”. I’ve already reserved her next book, Committed, at the library. Now I’m on to The Help. This one is so good I’ve even read parts of it aloud to Dustin (gotta do something on those Pittsburgh to Columbus trips!) Every night I climb into bed and turn on my mini reading clamp light so I don’t wake up Dus. Reminds me of being a kid and sneaking chapter books way after my bedtime.

  • Dustin and I contemplating giving up on laundry and embracing a disposable life strategy. We will wear/use things until they need to be washed, and then instead, just throw them away. This should work for a couple of months. Except for sheets. We will be sleeping on the box spring soon. Or living in our car. But it beats all that folding!

  • Leinenkugel’s Summer Beer collection is delicious. Try the Summer Shandy.

  • If I was ever really rich, I would hire a masseuse/housekeeper/pedicure tech. Do you think that exists?

  • Ever since YL camp I’ve been wearing hemp anklets. I love them irrationally.

That's about it for today. What's on your mind?

2 comments :

  1. Things on my mind (since I'm not watching TV)

    1.) I'm curious to know what percentage of people love their job and derive satisfaction from it. I think the majority of people dislike what they do for money and are looking for more purpose in their jobs. I'm in that majority right now

    2.) August makes you feel like summer is over, but actually there's still a ton of good weather left. I have to remember to take advantage of it.

    3.) I'm pretty good at beer pong. Just sayin'...

    4.) Today I deadlifted 335 lbs, the heaviest ever for me. I did 305 and 315 before it and they were new records for me as well. I think next time I can get 355 lbs.

    5.) My new song obsession is William Fitzsimmons - "if you would come home" There's a live version on itunes that is amazing!

    6.) A quote I found that I really like:
    "I used to fight the pain, but recently this became clear to me: pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness." -Henry Rollins Iron and the Soul

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I love shandy. It's so... summer.

    2) I am very bad at beer pong.

    3) Dustin, you're so strong! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete