Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baby Shower-palooza: Part 3

Did you think two showers was enough? No way! There's more!

My mom and a good friend (and former roommate...and bridesmaid!) from college Sarah offered to throw me a shower in Columbus, and who was I to say no? I was kept completely in the dark on all the details, which I was exactly what I wanted. My mom continually worried I had some secret expectations, and the party wouldn't live up to my dreams, but they did a fantastic job, and it surpassed anything I could have thought up.

The theme was "Dick and Jane" and there were cute touches everywhere.




Guests could choose either a girl or boy sticker for their name tag based on what they thought the baby's gender was...and they were asked to suggest a name for the baby too.



They also continued the "Wishes for Baby" tradition- I can't wait to compile all the cards and have a big collection from all our friends and family!


And of course there was food! One of my only requests was for pie. And boy did they deliver. Sarah made four of the most delicious treats I've ever had...There was apple caramel pie, lemon tart, razzleberry pie, and pear almond tart- all 100% homemade.

We all pretty much fawned over her the entire time telling her she needs to put pictures on her bakery website (which she doesn't have...yet...).

And just in case we ever got tired of eating...there were activities too! We played a fun (but really really hard!) game where we had to match a baby-related phrase to the names of candy (think: "delivery nurses"="lifesavers").

I lost BIG time, but there was enough candy to go around, so we all ended up winners in a way.

And after we had our fill of pie and candy...it was time for presents! Everyone was so generous...I got more stuff than I can even record.

Baby gifts are just so fun. I mean, look at my giant duck!


And as if Sarah hadn't done enough...she made a quilt for Baby B! It's really beautiful, and with all the colors, it will match the nursery perfectly.


It was such a fun day for me, but even better- I think everyone else had a great time as well.



(If you zoom in you can see some of the baby name suggestions were better than others...The Peters women suggested such gems as "Ursula" and "Prince Eric"...but then eventually settled on "Mergabeth"- a hybrid of their names and my mom's. Not happening!)


And what baby shower would be complete without a vintage car (with mannequin passengers) in the yard?

Wait, what?

Yep. You heard me:


It was definitely an unexpected element, but my step-dad was so excited about the silliness of it all, we couldn't help get caught up in it. He had gone to a local shop (or three) to borrow mannequins and then dressed them up for the party. And since they were looking their finest, we had to humor them by posing for some pictures!


Even with photos, I'm not sure I can do the day justice with any description. Everyone coming together to celebrate with me was so special. I got to spend the day with some of my best friends, who I don't get to see nearly often enough. And I was completely spoiled by gifts and love. A very good day indeed.

1 comment :

  1. I love it! Your mom and Sarah did a fabulous job...so exciting to finally get to see the pictures. The mannequins crack me up!

    ReplyDelete