Thursday, November 17, 2011

America's Next Top Baby Model

Before I had Piper, I always said that if my baby wasn't cute, I would know it. I would still love it, but refused to be one of those delusional moms that forces people into watching slideshows of their wrinkly, red, alien faced babies, cooing the entire time about how a-DOR-able it is. (You gotta see the bay-bee!).

So when I say my baby is cute, you have to believe me...For real. My baby is cute.

For the first week or so I could barely get up to move around, but that didn't stop my dream to do a newborn photoshoot of my girl. By the time she was a week old I felt good enough (or was just tired of waiting) to make it happen. I had no clue what I was doing, but I figured we'd give it a shot anyway. Luckily Dustin was accommodating (when is he not?) to my trademark over ambition, and helped me set up props, backdrops and ladders all over her nursery. We cranked up the portable heater and had a heating pad on standby as well- resulting in near tropical temperatures that had us sweating like pigs, but Piper loved every cozy minute of it. In fact, once we got it that warm, it was hard to even get her to sleep. I thought all the warmth and activity would knock her out, but she seemed to love it, and refused to shut her eyes. (well....she does still like to shut one eye sometimes, giving us a look we've dubbed Pirate Piper) Eventually though we were able to lull her to sleep and get some shots of our little nugget.

It's a struggle for me not to take photos of her all day, and between both of our cameras, and two iphones we've probably documented more of her first two weeks than our parents did our whole lives, but can I help it that she's the most adorable kid ever born?

You gotta see the baby...














I may be biased...but I can't even choose a favorite pic. I guess she's my favorite...every last bit of her.

9 comments :

  1. I love her already. It's not just you, she's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, these photos do her justice. She's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally unbiased opinion - she is ADORABLE! :)

    p.s. your blog has become one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks dawn! If I can ever tear myself away from my sweet babe I'll have to check yours out too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gosh, she IS so adorable. man, you're loving your camera and YOUR baby! he he
    Can't wait to have another...

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so precious! You're very talented and take beautiful photos! Oh the memories Piper will have to reflect on when she gets older. And to say that Mom and Dad took those photos....gosh! Brings tears to my eyes! Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing creativity in the photo taking. I didn't expect any less from you! They are really beautiful pictures. You should send them to contests. I bet you thought of that though. Piper is very lucky to have you as parents. You are correct.. She is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It never ceases to amaze me what the good Lord can do with a little bit of dust!
    Uncle Billy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pics of Piper! And, yes, she is cute, adorable, beautiful ......

    ReplyDelete