Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Travels

Aaaannnd... I'm back. Courtney has been posting a go-go. So I tried not to trump any of her posts with my nonsense. Also, I didn't have much to say.

Over Easter, Court and I went to Philly to see my family. It was one of the most enjoyable trips we've had. We stayed with my step-sister Ann, her husband Dave, and their two kids Elizabeth and Jagger. I've always liked Ann and Dave, but I can honestly say this is the first time that I felt like I really bonded with them. We were able to spend a night together just talking, hanging out, drinking and playing Eucre. It was great! It was the first time we weren't rushed with holiday nonsense and shim sham. So we had a great time. And I love the kids. Jagger and Elizabeth were so much fun to be with. They're at that perfect age where you can play games with them and just love them.
One of the most moving moments was on Easter Sunday and Jagger and Elizabeth were watching the Jesus story for kids with Dave. They were really moved by the movie and were asking questions about Jesus. I was able to answer some of their questions and I was just so touched by the love and beauty of Christ and how He put me in Ann and Dave's house so I could see and feel His love. It was an awesome experience.
Here's a pic of me and he kids. Thanks court for taking it!
We also got to spend some time with Matt and Megan DeMontaigne. It was a time I absolutely loved. I realized just how much I miss them in my life. I am doing Young Life again out in Pittsburgh and I often think back to the days of having dinner with Matt and Megan in their tiny little apartment and then going and playing club to a small Great Valley High School crowd. Specifcally, I realized just how fond I am of Matt. He has always been there for me, no matter how long it's been since we've talked. I admire his dedication to God and how he trusts Him so faithfully. Megan is also awesome in that she's always embraced me as good friend and always supported Matt and my friendship. She's also really great to talk to and it's really cool to see her as a mom now. Also, they have two beautiful children in Ella and Catherine. They're very fun girls and it was hard to cut our time short with them as they're so much fun to watch and play. Court took another grat pic of me and the girls.

All in all, it was a great trip. Dinner at my Mom-mom's (my grandmother) was small this year, and I rather enjoyed it. It was a good time to talk and catch up with out the huge crowd we usually have. When everybody is there, you can only talk to a small group, and this was great in that I actually sat with Mom-mom, my mom, my step-dad Joe, my cousin Bobby, Uncle Bob, Aunt Gail and my youngest brother Dillon. (and Court of course.) I don't want to short change any of my family as this part is not as glowing and gushing with praise, but it was a great time and made for a really great Easter.

5 comments :

  1. great post d ... glad to see your holidays were spent with great friends and LOTS of kids apparently. if i didn't know better I'd SWEAR you would be a great youth pastor. maybe in 4-5 years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post Dustin! Thanks for all the encouraging things you said about us. We so enjoyed the time we had with you guys - I love how quickly the girls get comfortable with both of you and I love that after all your moves and changes we've been able to stay connected with you. It would still be nice to have the two of you back on the East coast, but I guess we'll just have to settle for visits. Hope to see you in the 'burgh before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo!D thanx for the props brother... It was really good to connect again. Fun to just catch up on life stuff... Much easier in person than over the phone. Wish we could have hung longer, but there's always next time. Maybe one Christmas we will actually be at the house when you stay here... Sounds like a plan???

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet...
    (you guys will make great parents someday!)
    we enjoyed seeing you guys at church, if even for a brief few minutes!! you both look so happy, and we're so thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed you SO much this easter but I know god had you in the right place (and the Easter bunny too) YOU have such great friends because YOU are THE BEST!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete