Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wishes For Baby

At all of my showers (yes all...I'm so spoiled!) the guests filled out "Wishes for Baby" cards. Each had multiple prompts, and everyone filled in the blanks with their personal hopes and dreams for our little girl. I haven't gotten to see all of them yet (my mom is compiling them all into an album. Again- so spoiled!!) but the ones I have read are an awesome mix of funny and thoughtful, ridiculous and precious. I love that we have personalized notes from so many of our friends and family, and I know our daughter will get a kick out of them someday.

Not wanting to be left out of the fun, I decided Dustin and I should fill out our own "Wishes", using the same prompts.....But rather than just jotting them down, I thought it'd be fun to make a video! I coaxed Dustin into sitting down to answer my questions, and we whipped up amateur reel of our hopes for Baby B.

Part 1 is all our Wishes For Baby. I make no excuses for my (lack of) cinematic skills (my skin is glowing like a pumpkin, and you'll routinely hear a lawn mower in the background), or our level of preparation (Dustin actually sounds like he's been thinking of answers forever, whereas my rambling is enhanced by my eyes perpetually being in my "thinking squint"). But hopefully you'll enjoy our silly little thoughts, and if nothing else we can save this post to show our daughter yes, your parents were always giant dorks, and you're not the only one who thinks so.




P.s. You're hooked now, right? Stay tuned for parts 2 and 3....

5 comments :

  1. I am hooked...and you already posted the other ones on video so now I have a moral dilemma...do i watch them now? or wait? why did you put me in this position? now I'm mad.
    these videos are terrible.
    terribly good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and by video we both know i meant vimeo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh- you're sneaky. I didn't anticipate that.
    I say wait....Don't live your whole vacation in the first day, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Dustin said "I hope you love meth," but then he was dead serious about it, so I figured he must have said "math."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daddy (almost grandpa)October 27, 2011 at 8:04 PM

    I laughed out loud at some of these. Wonder if the other people at Jamie's swim practice think I'm a nut. Baby girl Bowden better not have any irrational fears, Mom is crystal clear on that one!

    ReplyDelete