Friday, August 8, 2014

ObsessPins

My relationship with Pinterest goes through ebbs and flows, but currently we're in a stage of Deep Love. We just get each other, and lately have been staying up too late, dreaming and planning our life together.

Ok. Weird.

But really. Pinterest is awesome, and if you can wade through the cheesy quotes, excessive chevron use, and 99+ Toddler Activities to Make In Your Crockpot For Under 25 Cents articles, then it can be such an awesome resource for projects. And if you’re like me, and you have a million ideas floating around in your head (and at least half that many windows open in your iPhone browser) then it does really help to control the chaos. But- the hard truth of Pinterest is that it’s only useful if you use it. (Profound much? Let me make that into a graphic for you. You can pin it.) What I mean is, we all have a thousand pins (or 4.1K pins in my case) that we have unofficially flagged as “someday” ideas, but how often do you actually refer back to them? Let alone actually attempt/complete the project you had in mind? If you’re me? Not often.

But I want to change. I want to take those someday ideas, and make them someday soon ideas. And I want to take those “this makes me laugh” pins and…well…laugh at them. And share with others. I’ve actually forced Dustin into a semi-regular weekly routine, of Going Through My Pins, where I open up Pinterest and walk him through everything I’ve pinned that week. Some of it is him humoring me- knowing it’s not enough for my to amass a creative file…I have to talk it out. But some of it I think is helpful for him too. He can catch my vision for shared projects, and get inspired about joining in to make it happen. Last week he even emailed ME a pin for our bedroom!

So to share the love, I thought it would be fun to start a feature around here, that I’m calling:
ObsessPins

It’ll just be a few things that caught my attention recently. Hopefully sharing things here will inspire you and encourage me. That’s what we call a Pin/Win/Win.


It comes in adult sizes on this hilarious site, but I keep picturing Piper in the mini-size and it just cracks me up. (And if you don’t get the reference, check out the video that started it all.)

I’m so not a lipstick person. I’m more of a Dr. Pepper chapstick person at best.
But I’m a sucker for anything coral, so I’m working up the courage to give this a shot.
 

Our laundry room is impossibly tight, so getting rid of the traditional door in favor of a sliding door would help a ton to free up some space. Plus it would help with the industrial vibe I’m trying to make happen in our kitchen (forging “industrial chic" out of a 2002 suburban plan home is an uphill battle for sure…but every bit helps.)


I’m kind of obsessed with kids' rooms in general right now, as we start to think about how to make Piper’s room more fun. (it’s currently a dingy off-white box). I’m halfway obsessed with the gold polka dots, and all the way obsessed with the two girls jumping on their side-by-side beds. Our girls don’t need to share a room…But if it ended up this cute, I might do it anyway. 

 

Because obviously

 If you’re not already following me on Pinterest, hop on over and see the other four thousand projects on my to-do list. Have a great weekend!

1 comment :

  1. the stripes graphic made me LOL. I mean almost snort laugh. that is YOUR closet!!!

    the hoodrat video. how did i miss that? really? I must be living under a rock (or buried by laundry)- one of those.

    ReplyDelete