Friday, March 6, 2015

(my) kids these days

You know the saying: If you don't have anything nice to say...

Well I think it probably doubly/triply/million-ly applies to blogging. No one wants to hear whining and complaining. Certainly they don't want to read it either.

So while I see the value in being real and answering even the most surface-y "How are you?"s with at least a moderately honest answer,..I also know that sometimes it's best to slap on a smile, rather than drone on about the current mundane injustices of my existence. So for this week's update, I'll save you the saga, and just go with: I don't have many nice things to say about Three. (as in: Piper's age. As in, the age that stole my baby and dropped a mad-woman in her place).

It's been rough going, recently, partly because of all the transitions, but also just because...well because sometimes things are rough. I've been trying to be honest about it without turning into a big ungrateful whiner. But sometimes it's hard to remember that the tough patches will pass. And sometimes the difficulties of right now tend to eclipse the light at the end of the tunnel.

But I had to laugh a little when I saw an old post sitting in my drafts...It's from about a year and a half ago, when I was deep in 2 under 2 territory. As you can imagine, that was a tough patch too. A tough patch we did indeed get through. So I can laugh at how awful it was at the time, and how familiar it all sounds now. And I can remember that these beautiful monsters are not one-and-a-half forever (thank goodness), or three forever (thank goodness), or anything forever. I'm not quite ready to admit I'll miss this someday...but I at least know it'll feel different in hindsight than it does in the thick of it. Thank goodness.

Originally Written August 2013: 
Things I Did Today to (cruelly and intentionally, obviously) Ruin Piper's Life:
  • Looked at her in the rear view mirror
  • Made her hold my hand in the parking lot
  • Tried to take a video of her
  • Offered to show her an iPhone video of Fin instead of just Piper
  • Followed her too closely while she climbed the stairs. 
  • Even suggested I leave the room ever for two minutes without letting her come with me
-------------------------------------
Psssst....Want to get all the Bowdenisms news delivered right to your inbox? 
YES PLEASE! Subscribe via email and never miss an -ism.  xox. 

No comments :

Post a Comment